Thursday, November 13, 2008

Unspeakable.

Okay, for real this time, more like raise 'em if you got 'em, Paul Pierce. As I mentioned I went to the game tonight, which was phenomenal. I would be making an understatement if I only said that my day got exponentially better from the hours of like 2pm to 5:05pm. First, confirmation on tickets, second, confirmation on 4 tickets, then confirmation on a third for the game, then at around 5pm confirmation of another!! So happy, so happy, so happy. THEN, when I got home, 4 MORE tickets existed, and 3 more people came (we were too excited to be any good at math). This effectively knocked the ticket price down to $13 a person. That is an atrocity. Granted, this isn't something you can really plan for, so when buying tickets ahead of time the likelihood of finding tickets for that price WHEN you want to go to a specific game is pretty low.

HOLY CRAP I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT JUST HAPPENED. I think there were maybe 3 mins and 30 ticks on the clock in the 4th when I grabbed Emily and said, "I don't think I can handle this..." and thought to myself, "this could be a game winning shot game," but in an effort (obviously effective) to not ice it or jinx it or whatever, didn't say anything out loud. Also of assistance, lending Jon my 2008 playoff shirt, wearing my I Leon shirt (with greyish black 'mourning' shirt under (worn during the Celtics/Lakers playoff series last playoffs so that I could most efficiently mourn the Lakers losing)), Lisa with the KG jersey, and Emily with the ace Celtics pin. Who doesn't love it? Drained it, smoked Al Horford, who was held to 5 points, and got jacked up by KG on a spin move leading to an alleyoop. Might I say, however, the highlight (not Bibby getting booed because that happened way too little and way too quietly and way too infrequently) was that the last inbound with 0.5 seconds left went to Bibby--oh, let me rephrase, went to Bibby's douchy can--oh, let me rephrase, smacked off his ugly face. Okay, that is a lie, because to make Bibby any part of the game's highlight in my mind is beyond an atrocity. Best part, fade away two with a hand in the face-->win.

I can't even verbalize my emotions during the game, emoticons won't work either, but if I were to try it would look something like this:

1st Q-- :-)
mid 1st-- :-]
2nd Q-- :-/
mid 2nd-- mix of: :-WTF and :-)
half-- :-)))))))))))))))))))))))))))
3rd-- mix of: :-WTF and :-)
mid 3rd-- don't know, forgot
4th-- generally } :-0 thats me pulling my hair out
mid to end 4th-- don't know, blacked out, verbally challenged, unspeakable
screaming, standing, sitting, fist pumping, high fiving, and losing consciousness/feeling lightheaded (that I am actually not being facetious about).

I do consider myself extremely lucky to have gone and to have been provided the means/opportunity to go to the game. Can we discuss just for a second how Ray didn't even play that well and went 17-7, KG threw down 25 and 12, and Pierce with 34 and life? What's also insanely mind blowing is Dwight Howard's performance tonight with 30pts,
19rebs, 10blocks. That's better than LeBron. I mean, it was an aberration performance but it says something about his potential. He's so physically dominating that if he figures it out, I can't even say, let's just leave it at, "if Dwight Howard turns in more of those performances he really should wear a cape." CP3 also played a great game pretty much erasing a 16 point deficit alone (more or less), but that effort only shines more light on how scary the Lakers are this year. As much as I dislike Kobe it's unbelievable how he plays sometimes. Enough there. Except for LeBron's arm.

I am so happy right now but so tired too. So, I am going to go to sleep, well, get ready for bed by watching more of Planet Bboy. I was a bit unwarranted in being upset at the movie not coming yesterday (because there was no mail yesterday due to the holiday), because I am an idiot. With that said, this is one of my favorite movies ever, I think, that and...I can't even think of any others right now but I know there are some besides that. I suggest anyone that wants to see a GOOD movie, not just a cool dance movie, or whatever like that, check it out. Okay, so in the words of Lil Bow Wow, oh, sorry, Bow Wow, on Entourage, "Fuck these crewneck wearing motherfuckers, I just got my own TV show!"...Goodnite (I know that makes no sense, I just heard it on the TV in the living room.

Note: The first image is from http://www.celtics.com/ (accessed on 11.13.2008), saved as PDF, cropped as PDF, converted to JPEG. The second image I found via google image search for 'Paul Pierce'--I took it from a website not associated with the NBA.
2nd Note: Apologies for the egregious incorrect information regarding Dwight Howard and NOT Josh Howard, late, I'm retarded, reason.

PS: That shot dropped. Count it.

No comments: