Breaking news:
me: hahahahahah
yes, agreed.
im trying to update my blog
struggling for content
i need a good sountrack for it
Nithya: hmm....
me: maybe i'll write about that
bingo
Nithya: you could write about how quantum of solace wasn't very good
me: whoa whoaaaaAnd now: Coldplay - Lost!
Jill Scott - A Long Walk
John Legend - It's Over
Guster - I Hope Tomorrow is Like Today
Bruce Springsteen - Streets of Philadelphia
The Kooks - Do You Wanna
And what I wanted to come on:
The Kooks - You Don't Love Me
The Cure - Just Like Heaven
Black Kids - Hurricane Jane
MGMT - Time To Pretend
Nas - Surviving the Times
So that was a bit extensive and sort of eclectic. And no I am not an indie band gone semi big follower, however, I do happen to like the stuff that's come from Black Kids, MGMT, and recently Kings of Leon. But I guess then that would just make me like everyone else that doesn't follow bands like that before they get more play, whatever, I do not know what I'm saying or talking about in the least. John Legend, he got up there a few times, I like his new album, tomlette says:
Nithya: new john legend album is AWESOME
me: whoa whoaaaa
i didnt see it
but anyway, i heard otherwise ms tomlette
you make it into my blog with that
Nithya: um it needed way more cool gadgets.
and more sex.
Okay so she dug herself out of a small ditch with the end stages of that conversational tidbit.
Anyway, the down time sort of kills me at work because I tend to alternate between running my mind on overdrive and then doing the equivalent of letting it sit in neutral on a highway in Oklahoma. Maybe I'm alone on that comparison. Either way, too much mind wandering this week and going places I didn't want it to, but that it kept going to, and it didn't make it very fun for me. The rest of the week rounded out pretty much as usual since everyone was back in full force on Thursday and my boss had plenty of things for me to update and various tasks to complete for a meeting Friday evening that of course went extra long to cap off a long week.
The Celtics made this week a bit better, if I do say so myself, with total domination occurring last night and tonight against the Pistons and Twolves, respectively (just used respectively for clarity in something I'm not turning in). High fives to Scal and Leon for their performances off the bench (warranted or not, this is who I wanted to high five just now). A low (non) five to Big Baby for tonight, and a Posey (now House) hug twice for Rondo for two games of great play. And of course, KG still is chemically imbalanced but everyone seems to overlook that and I'm okay conceding that. Looking forward to the rematch against the Raptors on Sunday, mostly because a) no soccer (even though I love it'll be a nice break...is this the second week without soccer already wow) and b) let's see what Calderon brings for KG this game.
What else this week...I got some new shoes since the soles of my lime green pumas have officially shit the bed and I've reached some sort of bored hole in the sole that exposes the insole now (I think). I went with pumas again and Zappos (along with my having a $20 gift certificate) gave me a free upgrade from standard shipping to next day air! Very cool, unexpected, and...yeah, that's pretty much all I can muster right now.
Oh, a nice surprise, Dig Dug called me during work and said he would be in the area to pick up his lady friend to bring back home for the weekend to visit the good ol' Dig Dug farmland. So, we were going to have some Ana's but then realized, both of us that is, it is freezing outside and instead of walking to Davis opted for some Skymaster from Wings Over. Pretty standard, Cajun BBQ, Honey BBQ, and Red Alert, and contrary to the usual, I'm feeling pretty good after that chicken infusion. Although, I have to admit, I don't think it's fulfilled my desire for fried chicken similar to what Charles Barkley was eating (with mac and cheese, collard greens, and corn bread) on TNT during the Celtics and Pistons halftime report. I'll have to figure that out later this weekend maybe, or not, to try and salvage my heart.
Tomorrow is the pre-turkey day feast of sorts, and I have volunteered myself to make turkey lasagna. This is an endeavor and a risk, and my concern is that people don't think it's gross. Before jumping on the gross train, it is ground turkey instead of beef, and the sauce is a mix of four cheese alfredo and roasted garlic alfredo, and there's red pepper and onions and spinach in there also. I figure if there's enough mozzarella on top maybe that'll make up for any residual crappiness that it ends up taking on.
I had trouble coming up with what to write or write about for that matter, I think my brain is just not working right now. The sigh before the Friday...right, I think that's just a reflection of my mood currently and that I'm kinda tired. But, as I said to tomlette, maybe I'll do something with the music I had on while writing.
Right now: Elliot Smith - Miss Misery (anyone?...anyone? Goodwill Hunting?)
And before that: Kings of Leon - Sex On Fire
John Legend - Quickly
MGMT - Pieces of What
The Submarines - Peace & Hate
John Legend - No Other Love
Okay so she dug herself out of a small ditch with the end stages of that conversational tidbit.
Anyway, the down time sort of kills me at work because I tend to alternate between running my mind on overdrive and then doing the equivalent of letting it sit in neutral on a highway in Oklahoma. Maybe I'm alone on that comparison. Either way, too much mind wandering this week and going places I didn't want it to, but that it kept going to, and it didn't make it very fun for me. The rest of the week rounded out pretty much as usual since everyone was back in full force on Thursday and my boss had plenty of things for me to update and various tasks to complete for a meeting Friday evening that of course went extra long to cap off a long week.
The Celtics made this week a bit better, if I do say so myself, with total domination occurring last night and tonight against the Pistons and Twolves, respectively (just used respectively for clarity in something I'm not turning in). High fives to Scal and Leon for their performances off the bench (warranted or not, this is who I wanted to high five just now). A low (non) five to Big Baby for tonight, and a Posey (now House) hug twice for Rondo for two games of great play. And of course, KG still is chemically imbalanced but everyone seems to overlook that and I'm okay conceding that. Looking forward to the rematch against the Raptors on Sunday, mostly because a) no soccer (even though I love it'll be a nice break...is this the second week without soccer already wow) and b) let's see what Calderon brings for KG this game.
What else this week...I got some new shoes since the soles of my lime green pumas have officially shit the bed and I've reached some sort of bored hole in the sole that exposes the insole now (I think). I went with pumas again and Zappos (along with my having a $20 gift certificate) gave me a free upgrade from standard shipping to next day air! Very cool, unexpected, and...yeah, that's pretty much all I can muster right now.
Oh, a nice surprise, Dig Dug called me during work and said he would be in the area to pick up his lady friend to bring back home for the weekend to visit the good ol' Dig Dug farmland. So, we were going to have some Ana's but then realized, both of us that is, it is freezing outside and instead of walking to Davis opted for some Skymaster from Wings Over. Pretty standard, Cajun BBQ, Honey BBQ, and Red Alert, and contrary to the usual, I'm feeling pretty good after that chicken infusion. Although, I have to admit, I don't think it's fulfilled my desire for fried chicken similar to what Charles Barkley was eating (with mac and cheese, collard greens, and corn bread) on TNT during the Celtics and Pistons halftime report. I'll have to figure that out later this weekend maybe, or not, to try and salvage my heart.
Tomorrow is the pre-turkey day feast of sorts, and I have volunteered myself to make turkey lasagna. This is an endeavor and a risk, and my concern is that people don't think it's gross. Before jumping on the gross train, it is ground turkey instead of beef, and the sauce is a mix of four cheese alfredo and roasted garlic alfredo, and there's red pepper and onions and spinach in there also. I figure if there's enough mozzarella on top maybe that'll make up for any residual crappiness that it ends up taking on.
I had trouble coming up with what to write or write about for that matter, I think my brain is just not working right now. The sigh before the Friday...right, I think that's just a reflection of my mood currently and that I'm kinda tired. But, as I said to tomlette, maybe I'll do something with the music I had on while writing.
Right now: Elliot Smith - Miss Misery (anyone?...anyone? Goodwill Hunting?)
And before that: Kings of Leon - Sex On Fire
John Legend - Quickly
MGMT - Pieces of What
The Submarines - Peace & Hate
John Legend - No Other Love
Jill Scott - A Long Walk
John Legend - It's Over
Guster - I Hope Tomorrow is Like Today
Bruce Springsteen - Streets of Philadelphia
The Kooks - Do You Wanna
And what I wanted to come on:
The Kooks - You Don't Love Me
The Cure - Just Like Heaven
Black Kids - Hurricane Jane
MGMT - Time To Pretend
Nas - Surviving the Times
So that was a bit extensive and sort of eclectic. And no I am not an indie band gone semi big follower, however, I do happen to like the stuff that's come from Black Kids, MGMT, and recently Kings of Leon. But I guess then that would just make me like everyone else that doesn't follow bands like that before they get more play, whatever, I do not know what I'm saying or talking about in the least. John Legend, he got up there a few times, I like his new album, tomlette says:
Nithya: new john legend album is AWESOME
i love john legend
he is the ideal man
I guess I can't argue with such a strong argument. Okay, it's 11:20pm Friday night, I'm bored of waiting around, I'm going to try and occupy myself and continue my quest of lameness. Maybe I'll watch Planet B-boy again and wish practice wasn't during work hours today.
I just read the lyrics to the song Yes by Coldplay, whoa, serious. "wanna know how I know you're gay?" "How?" "cuz you listen to coldplay." And I am done.
I guess I can't argue with such a strong argument. Okay, it's 11:20pm Friday night, I'm bored of waiting around, I'm going to try and occupy myself and continue my quest of lameness. Maybe I'll watch Planet B-boy again and wish practice wasn't during work hours today.
I just read the lyrics to the song Yes by Coldplay, whoa, serious. "wanna know how I know you're gay?" "How?" "cuz you listen to coldplay." And I am done.
No comments:
Post a Comment