Friday, November 21, 2008

Thank you, Mr. Simmons

"Meanwhile, Bills fans are still reeling after Monday night's Guillotine Game against the Browns. Scott from Marshvegas summed up the mood after the loss: "I realize it's the same story EVERY EFFING YEAR, but after tonight's Norwood flashback, I think it's time for an all-Buffalo Bills mailbag. I hate my life."

(Another newbie for my Sports Czar platform: No announcing crew can bring up the words "Scott Norwood," "wide right" or "47 yards, the same distance as the Norwood Kick!" right before the biggest kick of a Bills game. As a Red Sox fan who still wants to punch announcers in the mouth for all the times they brought up Bill Buckner and Babe Ruth during the 2003 and 2004 playoffs, I know how it feels. It's just cruel. There's no reason for it. I'm even omitting the obligatory joke you knew I'd make about a certain pantheon face that a certain former Bill made right after the kick out of respect.)"

Bill Simmons, "The Sports Guy's Week 12 Picks," accessed 11.21.08:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/picks/081121&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

No comments: