Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Just and end of the day quickie...

Boy, who couldn't use one of those now and then (or daily...heh heh heh). I will limit this post to the Celtics game last nite, since I want to leave work soon and it is 5 o'clock already.

Did I not say Perk needed a double duty performance, and that Powe needed to come up big? Okay, I'm not fooling anyone with that bullshit everyone knew that and the whole team contributed to the win. Even Scal, who started, took a charge, did his job--and as icing on the Scal cake nailed an closing 3 to seal the game and give the Celtics at 7 point lead. Go Scal! He thinks so too, his face, the photo in general, says it all.
Also on the subject of the game, a quote from Mr. Quentin Richardson of the Knicks:
"I'm just real curious to see what those guys will be saying if we weren't in a basketball league and didn't have referees."
What is he even implying with that shit? When I read that this is what went through my head...
"What, what does that even mean...like if they were in a street fight?...wait, first of all, your name is QUENTIN" (all joking aside Paul Pierce got stabbed a bakers dozen, and I wouldn't put it past KG or Perk to tear someones arms off an eat their eyelids..."No touching of the hair or face!"..."of course").
And then I thought of this, and I didn't even need to google anything (thank you to MCK here), "but I know something about you, you went to Cranbrook that's a private school, what's the matter dog? you embarrassed? this guy's a gangster? his real name is Clarence, now Clarence lives at home with both parents, and Clarence parents have a real good marriage"
Yeah that's right Quentin...why would you even say that anyway? It's got nothing to do with basketball, what an idiot.
In the contrary, however, if I am totally taking that quote out of context (a possibility), and he means what he said in the context of "wow they talk a lot of trash already and are mean, I wonder how much meaner they'd be if we didn't have a league and ref's watching OUR backs," then yeah, I'm wrong with all that. But, seeing as how I will just view him as a sore loser anyway, I'm going to just throw my support in the corner of my first impression of what he said. Plus, I don't see Richardson saying what he did out of fear (per the second interpretation I so graciously offered up).
Anyway, first team to 10, I'll take it.

1 comment:

Big Mike said...

oh. my. god.

you did NOT actually post a picture of scalabrine on your blog...

i don't know if we can be friends anymore. this is a travesty to all that is right and good in the world.

verification word: nomsti

nomsti
noun
1. "While on my way to the chopteen store I picked up a dozen nomsti. There's nothing worse than running low on nomsti, especially when you have a long night ahead of you."