Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Entertaining to the masses

Reason for title (truth be told I added this as the beginning line of this post after I had typed in the entirety of the rest of it, because I read the title, and realized it made no sense), in an act of shameless self promotion I put the link to this blog up as my gchat status and got 3 comments saying that it was entertaining!! (thanks to Matt, Lily, and Slichty) Woo hoo!!...I hate...myself...(a little 5th floor Wren eh, eh, little 5th floor Wren? ). Moving on.

Today was standard, except for the part where I chose to work despite the fact that I technically have the day off since it is Veteran's Day. Is it bad, now that I think about it, that I chose to work and thereby not really observe the holiday by choice, so that I could use the day off for observance of the day's holiday on another day that was more convenient for me--say a Monday--affording me a future three day weekend? I am open to harsh criticism and also simple "no it is not's."

I got my hair cut after work, Carla not Mario this time, and the common factor between the two, is that neither (actually none of the people there) have ever cut my sideburns equal length. I asked Mario one time and he said they are trained to do it based on a part of the ear (hopefully that's clear enough). That assumes that people's ears/heads are symmetrical and all matchy matchy. That is not the case with my head, apparently, since each time my left side burn is significantly longer than the right side. I don't even bother telling them to fix it anymore, but rather, I just come home and look in the mirror and use "sideburn trimmer" function on the good ole electric razor and even things up myself. I do this thing where I stick my pinky fingers at the bottom of each sideburn and just look in the mirror. It's so blatantly obvious that the 'burns are not cut evenly with this method. Granted, it is a gamble since when I end up trimming the long side sometimes I overshoot, but today I did a great job, one try, no screwups, no need to shorten the right side. Now that I think of it, she didn't even really match the left side in terms of "part of the ear," and also, since she had me tilt my head down while she was doing the back (which I only pray to god looks fine), she cut the left 'burn at an angle. Did I want a partial Bruce Lee? No.

Carla, however, gets big ups from me for asking about the shampoo job and not assuming, and also for doing it herself, and also because she conditioned my hair afterwards which has never happened before either (that or I just don't pay attention). Too bad I have TURBO tonite and my hair will be cleaning up the floor in the Hill Hall Aerobics room later. And by cleaning up I mean that most people in there dance barefoot or with socks on, so if I happen to have my mouth open and bail at a funny angle the chances of me getting some foot to mouth malady is greatly inreased.

Carla gets a down (opposite of big up?) for complete non usage of the flat razor even though she had it out. Mario, alternatively, always uses that thing, and even though I feel like he could totally throw down a Jack the Ripper/Sweeney Todd on me, I like to know/feel that every rogue hair that could have taken residence along my neck and hairline will be handily dispatched before I leave the establishment.

Back to breaking tonite. I have been absent from practice for like 2 weeks, first due to conflicts, 2nd due to a thumb injury, and 3rd due to an ass injury (that sounds horrible, I elect not to go into it, soccer-->header-->jump-->knee, maverick). So, I'm excited, I need to come up with some new material, I am going to go watch videos now. Oh, and I was supposed to get my copy of Planet Bboy today, and it did not arrive. Ask me if that makes me angry. Go ahead.

Oh, and finally, HUGE GAME AGAINST THE ATLANTA HAWKS TOMORROW. Notice how I did not say something stupid like "Mike Bibby and the Atlanta Hawks" like I'm fucking sure they did on TV. Reason #400,673 why I like watching the Celtics on CSN: No Jeff Van Gundy (sorry, that one is reasons 1-400,672). What I meant to say was, on the commercial advertising Wednesday's matchup they made reference to the Hawks taking the Celtics to 7 games in the playoffs last year, and Mike Bibby referring to Boston fans as "Bandwagon fans," and then following that statement with something along the lines of, (commercial narrator) "While you were running your mouth, we were dropping 3's." Yes. Yes. And an additional Yes. Yes again. This is a bit of a canned heat moment for me because it just occured to me that I've mentioned Mike Bibby twice in this paragraph and haven't yet launched on an expeletive riddled tirade about how much I fucking cannot stand him. (Note my not using the word hate, it's only basketball......). I know what I'm getting into by watching that game (it also happens to be on trivia night, so maybe that will help me in acting more civil and human because I'll be in public), it has the chance of being very close, which will make me angry, the Hawks will be firing on all cyclinders because they did lose to the Celtics in the playoffs last year, the Celtics won the NBA championships last year, and they are all fucking pricks. Oh, it looks as though that last part may reflect my real feelings about Al Horford and Josh Smith (who is injured, cry me a river, I don't care) and especially Mike I'm-a-huge-ugly-bitchboy-tool Bibby. Joe Johnson I can live with, I'll just get really angry if he heats up (the sad part is the reason I can put up with hi
m is because in NBA 2007 for PS2 I played with the Suns a lot and ended up subbing him in for...I forget who, mainly because he was the least crappy of the bench, and I don't know, I had some weird hope that he'd be good. He was decent, if I remember correctly). Big game, big trivia, I am in all likelyhood going to go bonkers in public. Go Celtics. And someone find me this Tshirt:



No comments: