Monday, November 24, 2008

Clinky the Eastern Tasmanian Devil In Memorium

This really should have been the first part of the 'Let it be known' post because it would not only have served the purpose of explaining the aforementioned clinky dance, but also would have been rightfully awesome. Before I get to Clinky the Eastern Tasmanian Devil In Memorium (yes, I have copied Clinky the Eastern Tasmanian Devil In Memorium so that I can just ctrl + v that shit whenever I please), I'd just like to preface this entry with some rage, both positive and negative. Rage +: Human by The Killers. I will simply continue to be blithely unaware and refuse to acknowledge that it indeed sounds like it should probably have been released in 1987 (thank you Foofa for the proper decade placement, and to the wizard, for he should not be forgotten). Damnit, Come Sail Away just came on (and not the Eric Cartman version, unfortunately), and not that I don' t like that song or Styx, but come on, while I'm going off about Human? And not the Cartman version?! For shits sake and shame! (I just reread that as 'sake' like the beverage that makes me forget I ate sushi, and yes, shits sake would be gross, even if it was the warm kind that Paulie Bleeker does not like because he has a sandy ra jay jay). But we'll tryyyyyy best asssss we cannnnn...to CAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRYYY ONNNNNNNNNN (begin guitar domination)....(continue)....(you bet I just turned it up to 11)...... gathering of angels appeared above my head, they sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said, they said come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me, come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with meeEEEEEEEE!!!! (begin trippy lasers and recorders (that Emily can play two of?!) part and then crazy keyboards and then something that sounds like the beginning of Touch Me by the Doors (like asian 'Lawrence I-am-not-cool-enough!' from School of Rock)....

Wow, so I definitely initially hated on that song and then totally rocked the wheels off of it. I will now complain that my iTunes decided Warning Sign by Coldplay was appropriate. I maybe need to stop either a) listening to music while writing here because it provides too much fodder b) just not include my thoughts about music in here c) make my hands stop freezing (weather.com lies like a sack of shit there's no way its 39 out when it feels like my balls are going to drop out like the transmission on friend Dan's old Mitsu Eclipse with a Rochester Red Wings sticker on the bumper (hm...guess bumper sticker would have sufficed there...), d) put on a sweatshirt, e) get back on topic, f) find Leon Powe and make it know to him that I would be with him forever more (seriously though, did anyone see the dunk he threw down in the 2nd half of Sunday's game? and also, oh wow, I legitimately just forgot what I was going to say).

So, I've forgotten completely what Rage - (minus) was, so I'll just go to the meat of this here and talk about Clinky the Eastern Tasmanian Devil In Memorium. Here is some background on Clinky the Eastern Tasmanian Devil In Memorium: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/18/science/18devil.html?scp=1&sq=tasmanian%20devil&st=cse

If that doesn't work and you need to put your name in or register or whatever, how about you don't be such a lazy ass, (was gonna say cheap ass, but it's free, well, don't be so cheap with your time), and put in a second for Clinky the Eastern Tasmanian Devil In Memorium, geezus. I don't mean to just throw Cedric under the bus, or expansive tumbleweed (are there tumbleweed there? where's Africa? and yes, I do realize I've been squeezing all I can out of that one phrase), but Cedric is alive, and well, free from face eating, well, face consuming would be a better way to describe it, Tasmanian Devil cancer.

Does anyone else think that (hahaaaaaa and I just figured out, yes JUST, figured out how to enter links so you don't have to cut and paste, you lazy scallywags) Cedric, and therefore I assume Clinky the Eastern Tasmanian Devil In Memorium (minus facial anomalies, even though I'd still love him because I don't judge) is the coolest and cutest looking carnivorous marsupial you've ever seen (ignore 'tear each other to ribbons)? I sort of want one, who has an attack marsupial? Also, credit Looney Tunes for totally messing with my perception of what Tasmanian Devils look like, I'm willing to bet that Clinky the Eastern Tasmanian Devil In Memorium's mouth is NOT as big as Taz's, and that no, he doesn't move by spinning like a Greg tornado during Club Cranium, but more like any other marsupial. (Right Now by Fort Minor...yes.)

Oh, do Tasmanian Devil's burrow? I definitely included that in my Clinky the Eastern Tasmanian Devil In Memorium dance the other night but I'm not sure if it was totally accurate. HA! Google says that they hole up in burrows or dense bush (insert joke here) and are nocturnal. Hm, no wonder they whoop each other's asses and eat face (insert joke here..sort of..damnit I wanted a parallel structure in the form of jokes) and give each other face cancer, they can't see what they are doing!

So the Celtics play the Warriors tomorrow, and my roommate texted me earlier asking what I was doing tomorrow night...which means two things: he either can get tickets to the game, or he wants to go out on a date (probably to road house). I have a soccer game tomorrow so I can't do either, nor can I go to trivia (did he say boo, or boo-urns?), but I do love me some soccer. I also have to pack tomorrow night which makes me think I should maybe just throw my things in a bag tonight and get it over with. God it's freezing in here, but I will prevail. Computer and desk next to 3 windows. Bad choice, much like milk. This from Foof: "they made a movie of that dog book you read." He means Marley & Me. I don't own nor has my family or I ever owned a dog, but dear god do I want one, and what a story. Ask MCK about it, he knows how good it was.

Right, the Celtics, oh wow the Twolves beat the Pistons 106-80, and the Celtics beat both of them by a lot also, crazy. Anyway, the Warriors, let's see...newly, Jamal Crawford, Turiaf (HA), and Maggette, meh. Too bad I can't watch but I will send along my condolences to the Warriors anyway (just kiddinggggg), wish I could watch, but I do love me some soccer.

Would somebody ask Lisa why the kitten can't be called Clinky the Eastern Tasmanian Devil In Memorium at least for the time that it spends at the Frfxshire?

Am I insane it don't matter and I don't care I let my pain in to the air cuz everything good's over there and everything here's hard to bear, man, great stuff there. Also, as much as I don't want to admit it, the little super double secret probation project goin on over at the shire, is killin' me, as it was said "so curious!" to which I say, YES DAMNIT! "why so seriousssss?" I am buying that when it comes out wow. If it's not a drum riser then I may be disappointed. If it's a lifesize cutout of Leon and LP3, next to House and Jaelen, then I will be exceedingly happy, and I'm actually sort of against those life sized cutout things. And not that I had one ever, but anyone remember that life size Barbie many years back, and the commercials for it? It's like, hey buy your daughter this so she can talk to an electronic doll that is very close to being a real person minus some anatomical defects! How many child predators do you think bought that thing? Ew, creepy. That's like the quidditch broomstick that they used to sell that had a vibration function. Yeah, you know it, it turns out people over the age of lets say, 13, were buying those and, as one person (a mom I think, talking about how it was such a great gift for her daughter) on Amazon commented, taking them up to their rooms and having fun for hours! Yeah, it got funny actually when people found out about this, including myself, and were able to read some of the comments on Amazon about what a great toy that was. I think that the correct response to that debacle is, "whoops!"

Earlier today I determined it would be a good idea to try and learn all of T.I.'s words in Live Your Life, and thereby cementing its awesomeness in my book. I may be a little rusty, certainly I am not as good as I was freshman year while learning Notorious Thugz with MCK (although I think he knew like half of it already), but I will try (I also have not yet lost in a lyric reciting showdown with that song, even though Krayzie Bone's verse is totally insane and I do NOT know all the words to that). Usually songs I decide to learn the words to are just totally epic (ie. Bombs Over Baghdad, Notorious Thugz, Hypnotize (thank you to Tilda for making that one nearly impossible to learn, or remember now "Guys I can't read (see) the words!!!), but I figure since the Romanian techno sample harkens back to the days of yore in Houston Hall (wow every time I say or write that I get nostalgic and remember how it smells and the little pieces of orange pulp that never quite came off that wall (that was before my right shoulder was shredded and I could huck oranges down the hall (how did no one get hit or die?) and get them to smash everywhere (call it immature, it was, but Skoops, Liz, Smita, and Sam NEVER complained that it smelled citrusy fresh and delicious in their nook, ever) (I forget how many parentheses I've used I think three))), I can learn the lyrics to this song (the T.I. part at least) safely without too much backlash from MCK, Paulie Bleeker, or Foofa (who I think already knows all the words).

Okay, this post is getting on the long side of epic long, so I will end with, does anyone else think PJ Carlesimo looks like a cartoon character, perhaps the Owl (it's definitely the glasses, how ridiculous are those?! and yes I know Bill Simmons wrote about them but ask Koen, we were making fun of them for a long time before Simmons commented, I'm just saying, and in no way to imply that I am better or worse than Bill Simmons in life, although he did see that girl from Blue Crush...Kate Bosworth that's it, in person, and I have not) from the "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?" commercials from back in the day ("a one...a twowhooo, a (CRUNCH) three! a three. i bet that kid slapped the owl and ate it for supper that night with the wolf family that raised him, probably kind of like Clinky the Eastern Tasmanian Devil In Memorium's family.

Alright, shower time, I'm freezing, and have been on here way way way too long. If you haven't yet seen the last episode of Entourage, do yourself a favor and do so.

Last, anytime I spill anything, I will now refer to it as pulling an "Emily." For example, "Ah man! I just Emily'd coffee all over my mouse clicking hand!"

Lisa: ahh
understandable
it was almost a meh day until i realized i could treat it like a wednesday with a half day fri
12:25 PM me: ah this is true
like the summer schedule
almost
12:26 PM i was just zooming around the room on a rolly chair to get to the trash can and just crashed into my coworkers desk
Lisa: mmm
haha
i spilled water all over my desk this morning
damn roommate is contagious
me: we exchanged pleasantries and i was on my way back across the room
haha yeah you pulled an emily
12:27 PM spilling with henceforth be termed pulling an emily
or 'emily'
as in, shit i just emily'd my coffee all over my hand
Lisa: yes
12:28 PM concur
just emed that beer
me: ah yeah that is also good, and happens more frequently
12:29 PM she'll go crazy, whenever anything gets spilled, 'ahhhhh emily!'
we'll have to see if any of this catches on with anyone else
12:30 PM Lisa: should be pretty
basic
just tell the guys at trivia
and it's done

Look at me, going and stealing my own words, genius (more like dumb). And the next time you have a drink, pour some out for Clinky the Eastern Tasmanian Devil In Memorium.

No comments: