There's little that could add on to what I think I'll call a high to extra high weekend on the zero to perfect scale. Here are the minus points that, if erased, would bump up the score.
-10 spinning the fish saddle
-3.5 (only because of the success over the 9 hour binge previously) total lack of guitar chops (on my part--Emily and Meg threw down on bass) Friday night
-675 for letting my frustrations get the better of me and acting like an idiot and not a gentleman
-2.75 waiting for a cab in the rain (the cab driver had my name in his meter, so that counts as a plus)
-13 for getting kicked out of Sophia Gordon after watching Planet B-boy (all we wanted to do was practice. boo.)
-10 for having to take the trash out solo (again)
-150 because I think my iPod is totally broken (it won't restore after multiple hard resets...this I've had to do several times in the past 3 weeks, and frequently songs mesh into one another and sound crazy, songs will stop while playing and I'll get kicked to the home screen, I can't download any apps, and finally, it is scary that this happens to me because I had problems with my old iPod also and had to take it in and get a new one (and this one I do not have a receipt for because it was acquired as a free agent in a trade) so maybe I just have horrible iPod luck :-( (you bet it warrants an emoticon)
-10 for absurd looking bruise on my right hip/outer thigh
I briefly thought about putting down the positives, and developing a legitimate scoring scheme (which would be skewed anyway because I'd ensure a positive end score) to rifle off the events, but decided instead to just highlight a few (because a) there would be a lot to list, b) some things would probably be inappropriate for the public to read...).
+55,000 for the dress, its wearer, not getting tinkerbelled... and everything else associated with that
+100 "This is cashmere!"..."This is a dodge!"
+115 for the entirety of all the dinner conversations on Friday night
+54 for extortion regarding alcoholic purchases
+ (an additional) 1563 for the dress
+25, and -25 for Kevin
+36 for Bob's meatball with pickles
+80 for Soundbites and then not feeling sick afterward
+115 for "Let it Rock," "Hot N Cold," "Live Your Life," and "Whatever You Like," all in 48 hours
+72 for the Celtics winning (not higher because it went to OT and they were playing the friggin' Bucks)
+800 for happily tackling extremely lazy mornings, and the incredible invention of men's dress shirts
I think that's probably sufficient.
Lets see, Saturday festivities included dinner and a surprise party for a lovely couple that recently got engaged. I think, based on my somewhat limited knowledge of the situation that occurred, the surprise nearly was ruined but it seemed like everything went as planned. It was great to see, sort of, (and by that I mean this was sort of the scenario not it was only 'sort of' good to see) several groups of friends all together at once. I was sort of an outside observer of this, since I don't fully fall into any of the groups there (hopefully that statement doesn't anger anyone), in a way, but it was interesting and cool to see everyone interacting. I don't know if that makes sense. Anyway, it was great to see everyone that came to the party, and also celebrate that occassion, and later in the night, Foof's b-day. Half way to 48 good sir, and as he put it so aptly, "Man, I'm surprised I've made it this long." Well, I had a great time and hope I didn't spoil any of it for anyone (not that I'm THAT cool that I possess that ability). Either way, can anyone deny that one overriding aspect in life is knowing that you can make someone else in your life happy, even if it's only for a moment? Perhaps that's poorly worded, I apologize--what I mean is...can anyone deny that making someone else happy is a great thing?
So I forgot to check my email today until around 3pm, and lo and behold there was an email telling me that breakdance practice was changed to 3pm at a different location, and I already told Gabbysaurus (who was coming to watch Planet B-boy and also take photos) that practice was at the usual time of 4pm and at the usual location. Back to the email deal--earlier in the week it was suggested that we watch Planet B-boy before practice, and that idea actually worked out, I'm just an idiot and forgot about making sure I had the details (because I am the one who owns the movie). Anyway, it all worked out, everyone liked the movie (cuz its the best), and then we practiced for an hour afterward.
Well, that pretty much brings me to now (I had dinner, consisting of leftover porkchop from T. Roadhouse (actually you know what, they didn't wrap the second of my double chops in applewood smoked bacon, those bastards, and also, Dre the hostess is pregnant which probably explains her lack of screaming the names of the people waiting whose tables are ready) and asparagus and mushrooms and rolls from aforementioned meat restaurant), well, I took out the trash and showered also. I'm not sure if anything else is on tap for the evening except for Entourage. Happy Birthday to Mr. Foofa Foti, and Sir Cronin of Packardham on this Sunday the 16th of November.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment