Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Solitary confinement

Today's experience at work is best described as solitary confinment. This isn't necessarily a bad thing but the complete lack of human interaction that occurred (or I guess it's more of a non-occurence situation) prompted a student I let in to the building to ask me, "Is it weird to be here all by yourself?" It then became apparent to me that perhaps I am a huge loser. Either that or I am just single ruler of the rodent world and today that argument could be at its strongest since I had pretty much nothing to do as far as work and no one has told me to do anything for that matter (partial lie, I did about 20 minutes of legitimate active work in the morning, and about 7 in the afternoon from roughly3:36pm to 3:42pm). With that, I guess it's also sort of inexplicable as to why I waited all the way until now to write this when I can leave in like 10 minutes (or, per 'rodent ruler' status, whenever I please, but I'm choosing to stick with the status quo today).

In addition I didn't even have extensive gchat conversations throughout the day, they came in spurts, and I am not complaining here. For example, one produced the following:

12:48 PM
Matthew: haha so garnett is suspended for the next game because of bogut
will this make your blog?
me: yeah what bummer
oh, i just havent opened it today
im brooding instead
but that comment will make it in

Let's have a go at this. Under the assumption that I am a total homer fan, I'd imagine the suspicion to be that I will unquestionably defend Garnett to the death and throw Bogut, no matter how legitimate any sort of reasoning regarding this matter might be, under the proverbial skull crushing bus. And that is what I plan to do. That is a lie, I can't, I can't and not because I think I'm above it (although I appreciate any notion anyone may have to the contrary), but because I don't have a base for it. As I said before, I didn't see the game or the foul or any of the stare down or poopy face of Bogut (FYI so far every time I've tried to type the guy's name its been Gobut at first) so I don't feel like I'm in a place where I can make a legitimate claim to the contrary of what the NBA has decided to do in this case.

The Knicks have thrown down some surprises this year, so we'll have to see what happens tonight at 7:30pm. Concerns of mine include fatigue, although the Celtics have had what must have seemed like an eternal 48 hours off without playing a game, and this concern is exacerbated by Mike D'Antoni coaching the Knicks and pushing the game tempo. Plus, no offense to Perk or Baby, but even if they do double duty and Leon plays a lot, I don't know if they will totally make up for KG missing. Anyway, the Knicks have the highest PPG in the league right now, so we'll need to play D, not let them push the ball too much, and have Andrew Bogut (I just did two variations of Gobut: Gobut, and GOBut) fall into a freezing lake with Kornheiser (because did/does anyone else think he threw the Bills under the bus (fine, granted, they are the biggest let down team ever, besides the Cubs this year and the last, sorry Mike)/is a total jerkoff?). I don't know what else to say about tonight's game, don't blink at the Knicks, hopefully the Celtics play well, Perk does double duty and dominates the paint on defense, and Leon plays like he did in the playoffs last season.

Regarding the Bills game--it was the first I've been able to see this season and at first I was happy, I mean like real first, like first 5 minutes (meaning: before the 3rd interception in the FIRST QUARTER--I will allow Kornheiser there to stand on the statement of idiocy directed towards Trent Edwards after that throw, but that is as far as I'm willing to go--which was totally deflating to me so I left the house). While we're semi on the announcer thing, can I just take a second to thank the higher being that I have yet to watch a game where Jeff (fa fa) Van Gundy has the call? So I missed the 2nd quarter pretty much, or at least the 2nd half of it, and then my hopes went up just the slightest bit (through careful training I've figured out how to convince myself not to get excited when even medium sized good things happen for the Bills because a) they always end up shooting themselves in the foot with penalties, b) nothing EVER in the history of the pendulum of getting breaks in a game swings their way, c) WIDE RIGHT), and were, properly, dashed to pieces, and then brought up again (meaning run back for a TD), and then overall extinguished in total when Lindell decided it was all just too much and proverbially offed himself at the end of the game.

I won't get to see all of the Celtics game tonite unfortunately because I'll be at Turbo starting at 8:30pm and that may run through the rest of the game. It has also become apparent to me that my ticketmaster of a roommate can get tickets to every single game this season (more or less) for probably (more or less) under $30. That's way too many games, although I'd love to go, and I also like my heart when it's beating (95% of the time). However, that prospect is pretty sweet, am I not correct?

I think I will leave work now (this is for Lisa:) because its passed 5 o'clock, but I'm going two halve two czech whether.com too sea what the whether is like outside sew that I don't frieze out their in the woulds on the weigh home.

No comments: